Coaching as a Management Skill to Achieve Exceptional Performance
As more organizations adopt a coaching culture, the need for expertise in coaching grows. Coaching recognizes the inherent potential of people and as a collaborative process (manager-employee) widens the sphere of intellect and impacts the learning process. By using a “coach approach”, managers shift from being directive and controlling to coaching for exceptional results.
Managers who are effectively involved in the growth and development of their employees make behaviour change happen. The manager with a coaching mind-set builds a work environment that guides employees to achieve higher levels of skills, increased engagement, and promotes personal development.
Date: May 15 - 16, 2014
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: 688 Sherbrooke West
Workshop Fee: $ 895 CAD plus applicable taxes
PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs):14
This 2-day interactive workshop offers managers an opportunity to envision how they can develop a coaching culture by discovering the inherent benefits of a “solution-focused” model of coaching. Participants will gain the understanding of how coaching promotes trust and collaboration, leads to better working relationships, and can enhance motivation, engagement, and commitment in the workplace.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- experience first-hand the cutting edge coaching technology currently used by coaches
- demonstrate that self empowerment is a key component in embedding coaching into the culture of an organization
- leverage employees’ strengths in order to improve opportunities for growth
- set and communicate appropriate goals and expectations when coaching employees
- provide positive and constructive feedback in a way that motivates and leads to positive changes
- learn “what to say” and “how to say it” when providing feedback to staff
Topics covered include:
- What is coaching?
- Process of coaching in the workplace
- Personal coaching styles
- Understanding of coaching models
- Tool chest of coaching skills
- Case scenarios
- Situational skills of coaching –
- Coaching for motivating others
- Coaching for engagement
- Coaching for performance
- Coaching practice and feedback sessions
Who Should Attend
Executives, managers, and supervisors; Staff looking to progress into a management position; Professionals wanting to learn advanced communication and coaching as a management skill.
How to register
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing. The following Cancellation Policy applies:
Up to 14 days prior to the start date: Full refund
7 days prior to the start date: Refund minus $100 Cancellation fee
Within 7 days of the start date: No Refund, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted
If no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca