Graduate Credit Courses
Start date: May 1 – June 19, 2017 (7 weeks).
Deadline date: Two weeks prior to the start date.
Please note that classes may be held on Saturdays and/or in the evenings.
1. RETIREMENT, ESTATE AND TAX PLANNING 39 HOURS
The objective of this course is to discuss the various elements in the retirement planning process such as pension planning instruments, public and private pension plans, insurance, income tax, estate planning, and wills.
2. BEHAVIOURAL FINANCE 39 HOURS
The course will introduce various documented psychological biases that impact human behaviour and decision making. These documented market anomalies will be examined and assessed in the context of mean-variance efficiency theory. Typical forecasting errors, expert justifications and continued investor reliance on forecasting models will be examined.
*Fees may increase slightly as of May 2017
- Tuition(per course):
- Quebec Residents: $298.29 CAD
- Non-Quebec Students & French Citizens: $788.25 CAD
- International Students: $1,659.78 CAD
- Ancillary Fees (Charged once per semester): $64.82 CAD
- Health Insurance Fees (International
- Students Only): $331.00 CAD
- Fees include:
- Official McGill transcript (All students have access online to their transcript. A written transcript is available for a fee.)
- Attestation of Completion of Program
- Orientation session
- Optional: (Fees to be announced)
- Accommodation (Double Occupancy, Taxes Included): $1,266 CAD
- Industrial visit
- Cultural and social activities
- Not included:
- Pedagogical Material
Please complete the registration package (PDF) and send it to summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca before the deadline date (noted above).
QUESTIONS? WE CAN HELP!
E-mail: summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT-5)
Tel: +1 (514) 398-5212
School of Continuing Studies, 688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1029, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 3R1