From Idea to Launch: Transforming Business Ideas into Reality
Did you know that...
- 96 % of small businesses survive for 1 year
- 85 % survive for 3 years
- 70 % survive for 5 years
- Validating a business idea, careful planning and cashflow management are crucial foundations for a successful business
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: 688 Sherbrooke West
Fee: $ 895 CAD plus applicable taxes
This course provides participants with practical tools for planning and launching a business that has a high chance of success. It takes participants through all the stages from validating a business idea to being open for business.
Who Should Attend
- Aspiring entrepreneurs and potential business owners
- Students interested in entrepreneurship and the practicalities of starting a business
The course will provide participants with the ability to:
- Evaluate business ideas
- Understand the financial aspects of starting and running a business
- Identify sources of financing
- Understand how to bootstrap a start-up
- Develop a 'road map' for their business
- Write a business plan
- Address legal, regulatory and fiscal aspects
- Hire assistance
- Prepare a marketing plan
- Evaluating business ideas
- Understanding your business environment
- Identifying and understanding target clients
- Financial projections
- Cash flows
- Start-up costs
- Financing a start-up
- Business planning
- Getting set-up
- Practicalities of running a business
- Marketing for visibility & credibility
- The launch
Gillian Pritchett, MA, CPFABusiness consultant, coach and trainer, Gillian Pritchett is a UK chartered accountant and holds two masters degrees. During her lengthy, international corporate career Gillian accumulated a wealth of experience and knowledge in finance, mergers & acquisitions, business strategies and marketing. During the past decade she has worked closely with entrepreneurs launching a new business and with businesses expanding into new markets at home and overseas. She helps with the evaluation of business ideas, developing a business strategy, financial aspects of being in business, marketing and mind-set issues.
Idea to Launch is one of several programs she has developed to help people in their business endeavours. She is an adjunct professor teaching Sector Analysis on the MBA program at HEC Montréal; International Business Strategy on the CEMS MBA program at the University of Economics in Prague and teaches various marketing courses at universities in Prague and in Holland.
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing. The following Cancellation Policy applies:
Up to 14 days prior to the start date: Full refund
7 days prior to the start date: Refund minus $100 Cancellation fee
Within 7 days of the start date: No Refund, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted
If no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca