Language of delivery: English
This program is designed to help business leaders and managers develop the analytical mindset required to turn insights obtained from data analysis into actionable business decisions and strategies. The program also addresses the leadership and management skills required to structure and lead data analytics teams and to create a data-driven organizational culture.
Participants have the opportunity to work in cross-functional teams to translate their learnings into business insights to help guide business decisions.
Program Toolkit & Languages:
- Microsoft Excel
- IBM Watson
- SAP Lumira
This program is designed to enable you to:
- Develop essential data literacy and analytical mindset
- Appreciate the role data science and analytics play in various contexts and industries
- Ask the right questions and understand how data analysis is used to drive business decisions
- Describe the complete data analytics cycle
- Effectively communicate data insights by using data visualization and storytelling tools and techniques
- Understand data governance and compliance
- Structure and lead a data analytics team
- Implement data-driven approach to various areas of business activities
- Develop innovative business solutions using data insights
Who Should Attend
Business leaders and managers who are seeking to acquire and apply practical data analytics knowledge and skills required to support data-driven business decision making.
The program consists of 5 required courses, which must be completed within 2 years.
|Required courses||Course Fee|
|Statistics for Business Decision Making||30 hours class + at least 10 hours of assignments/readings||4 CEUs||$995|
|Data Analytics Fundamentals||30 hours class + at least 10 hours of assignments/readings||4 CEUs||
|Data Science for Business Decisions||30 hours in class + at least 10 hours of assignments/readings||4 CEUs||
|Leading Data Science Projects & Teams||30 hours in class + at least 10 hours of assignments/readings||4 CEUs||
|Data Science Capstone Project||30 hours in class + at least 30 hours of assignments||6 CEUs||$1,095|
- Solid quantitative and business background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or other data analysis tools
Admission and Registration
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce.
- Applicants with a non-business Bachelor's degree should have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a managerial position
completed Introduction to Business course.
A non refundable application fee must be paid online by credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
The application fee for admission to Winter 2018 and onwards is $84.14.
Once your application has been submitted online, you will receive an email message confirming receipt.
If you wish to register for an individual course without being admitted to the program, please click here for registration instructions.
If you miss the admissions deadline, you can still register for courses offered as an independent (special) student and then apply for admission for the next semester.
Third Party Billing
If you have an agreement with your employer whereby the company should be billed directly for your course fees, please refer here for instructions on initiating a Third Party Sponsorship.
Course Drop/Withdrawal Policy
- Any time prior to the 1st class: Course Drop Period with Full Refund.
- After the 1st and before the 2nd class: Course Drop Period with Refund minus $20 fee.
- After the 2nd class: Course Withdrawal with No Refund.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca (subject: PDC%20in%20Data%20Analytics%20for%20Business)