Exams Preparation Workshop for CCBA® & CBAP® Certification
In this intensive exam preparation workshop, you will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare you to write the Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA®) & Certified Business Analysis professional (CBAP®) certification exams. More and more companies in Canada and internationally are valuing these professional designations for business analysts as a demonstration of a professional level of competence in business analysis principles and practices. The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) has developed the designated certification to recognize and validate the knowledge and skills of business analysis professionals.
Date: December 4, 2013
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: 688 Sherbrooke Street West
Workshop Fee: $495.00 plus applicable taxes
This workshop prepares students to write The International Institute of Business Analysis certification exams: Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA™) and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®).
Our experienced instructors will share with you the hints, tips and references necessary to successfully complete the rigorous certifications application process. The workshop will provide an overview of the skills, tools and techniques that will significantly increase your chance to pass either exam the first time.
At the end of this workshop the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the 6 IIBA® Knowledge Areas, core business analysis tasks and techniques that form the BABOK® (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) Guide.
- Comprehend the structure and flow of the BABOK® version 2.0
- Prepare to complete the mandatory documentation required for the CCBA™ and CBAP® applications.
- Better prepare for certification exams
Topics covered include:
- Navigating the BABOK® - Structure & Content
- Reviewing all Knowledge Areas, related Tasks, Techniques and underlying competencies.
- Preparing for the IIBA® professional certification application process:
- Hints, tips & tools to successfully complete the challenging application process.
- Preparing for the Certification Exam: gain insight into the exam process and format
- Acquire tips on how to prepare for IIBA® certification exams
- Obtain practical references and take away material
- Quiz-Exam Simulations
- IIBA® Roadmap
- Planning for the future
- Pursuing other certifications
Who Should Attend
Intermediate to Advanced level Business analysts, project managers, systems analysts, process analyst, project team members and others interested in achieving the designation certification.
Georges Bryson, B.Comm. , CBAP, CSTE, ITIL, PSM, BSAC
Georges Bryson is a senior consultant in Business Analysis who has earned the CBAP® Certification (2008). George has been a member of the The International Institute of Business Analysis since its birth in 2003 and is presently VP Professional Development – IIBA Montreal Chapter. He has aided in launching numerous IIBA® Certification Study groups (CGI – Montreal, Quebec City, University of Geneva, National Bank of Canada, Bell Canada …). George detains ITIL, PSM and CSTE certifications along with Lean 6 Sigma – Level 1 certification.
Georges teaches Comprehensive Business Analysis course and The Art & Science of Facilitation workshop at the McGill School of Continuing Studies.
How to register
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing. The following Cancellation Policy applies:
Up to 14 days prior to the start date: Full refund
7 days prior to the start date: Refund minus $100 Cancellation fee
Within 7 days of the start date: No Refund, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted
If no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca