Virtually every management consulting assignment leads to change and requires successful change for successful implementation. A great number of factors, ranging from technological change to new business models needed for today's rapidly changing global context, are leading to more and more flux in client organizations in every sector. It is essential for advisors and consultants to be familiar with the models and concepts of sustainable change management, and to know how these can be integrated into their consulting work.
Day & Time
|In-class Section #771
April 18 – May 23
Wednesday: 6 – 9 p.m.
9April ,18,25, May 2, 9, 16, 23)
Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(April 28 & May 12)
|Online Section #772|
Course duration: 30 hours in class plus approximately 30 hours of readings and assignments
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 6
* Fees for non-credit courses apply
This course is part of two Professional Development Certificates. For information on the Certificate in Management Consulting, click here. For information on the Certificate in Project Management, click here.
If you wish to register for an individual course without being admitted to the program, please click here for registration instructions.
This course explores issues related to change management, including models of change management, keys to successful change processes, change leadership structures, common change management techniques, integrating change management considerations into consulting programs and proposals, choosing the intervention, and getting client buy-in. A substantial proportion of the class time is devoted to discussions, role-playing, case study exercises, and participant-facilitated discussions.
- consulting roles and change leadership
- models of change management
- the process of change
- reactions and resistance to change
- keys to successful change processes
- change leadership structures
- assessing change readiness
- metrics for change programs
- common change management techniques
- strategic facilitation
- leadership team alignment
- confrontation and feedback
- coaching and counseling
- integrating change management considerations into consulting programs and proposals
- choosing the intervention and getting client buy in
Course Drop/Withdrawal Policy
- Any time prior to the 1st class: Course Drop Period with Full Refund.
- After the 1st and before the 2nd class: Course Drop Period with Refund minus $20 fee.
- After the 2nd class: Course Withdrawal with No Refund.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca