In this hands-on applied course, participants will learn and apply the theory behind the creation and delivery of successful, engaging, and effective training interventions. They will be able to evaluate whether learning has occurred and how to help individuals transfer their knowledge to the job. They will also be able to apply the tools and techniques and evaluate their own success in the delivery of training.
Dates: Available on demand for groups of 10 or more
Time: 3 days
Location: 688 Sherbrooke Street West
- Develop a Lesson Plan and improve it based on feedback from your peers and facilitator.
- Prepare to deliver the Lesson Plan based on the instructional techniques learned in the course.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to effectively, prepare for, start, conduct and wrap-up a training event
- Apply basic principles of learning and active training and demonstrate appropriate instructional techniques when training adults
- Using the 3+1 Feedback strategy, evaluate the effectiveness of a training event and your skill as a facilitator
High-level topics include:
- Being learner-focused
- Learning Theories
- Adult Learning Principles
- The Roles of an Instructor
- The 4-step model for the delivery of training
- Active Training Techniques
- Objectives and the Instructional Events Required for Learning to Occur
- Basic Lesson Planning
- Starting a Training Event
- The 8 Critical Instructor Skills
Sonia Di Maulo is an award-winning performance improvement professional, author, and founder of Harvest Performance. She is passionate about helping leaders find the right approaches and processes to grow their teams’ potential through trust and collaboration.
Her Master’s degree in Educational Technology and a Bachelor’s degree received with distinction in Communication Studies are the foundations for her passion. In 2003 and 2011 Sonia received Awards of Excellence from the International Society of Performance Improvement for Outstanding Instructional Interventions.
She works with local, national, and global companies in diverse sectors with an important focus on delivering needs-based solutions that are meaningful, sustainable, and improve the way we work and connect. Using proven performance improvement practices and principles, Sonia helps organizations improve their work environment and team engagement. It’s all about relationships.
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing. The following Cancellation Policy applies:
Up to 14 days prior to the start date: Full refund
7 days prior to the start date: Refund minus $100 Cancellation fee
Within 7 days of the start date: No Refund, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted
If no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca