Room 1291 has five desktop computers for the exclusive use of our instructors who need to develop multimedia content for teaching.
Computer have the necessary plug-ins for accessing myCourses and multimedia content as well as the following software applications:
- Microsoft Office (including Word, Excell, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher…)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional, to convert most digital documents to a PDF file, a format that facilitates printing for your students and protects the material you post on myCourses .
- Camtasia, a software application that allows you to easily capture action occuring on a computer screen. Perfect for recording PowerPoint presentations. Once captured, these documents can be edited for video, sound, narration and callouts using Camtasia Studio.
- Snag-it lets you capture any image content from your desktop, a camera or a scanner. Snag-it also comes with an image editor sufficient enough to perform most basic manipulations.
- Audacity is an audio editor that lets you capture sounds from various sources (microphone, cassette player, sound files…), edit the sound track and save it in format suitable for myCourses or other online or in-class use.
- RelanPro is the Schools language lab, accessible only to instructors of the English and French programs.
Instructors can scan documents using the UPrint printer located in the hallway besides the Instructor Lab. Please respect copyright rules when duplicating material.