nicolino.iannotti [at] mcgill.ca (Send me a message)
CA, CPA, CMA
Career and Professional Development
- Nick Iannotti is Director of External Reporting, Accounting Policies and Special Projects at Gildan Activewear Inc. where he oversees compliance with Canadian and US accounting standards, and is also managing the company’s IFRS conversion project.
- Nick also speaks at conferences on various accounting topics, and is an accounting lecturer at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
- Prior to working at Gildan, Nick was a senior manager at Deloitte & Touche in Montreal, Canada where he worked for 12½ years serving large publicly traded companies. Nick also spent two years at Deloitte & Touche in Los Angeles, California, where he focused on US GAAP.
- Nick is specialized in companies with public accountability under CDN and US GAAP as well as IFRS, and his experience includes numerous special transactions including Initial Public Offerings, debt offerings, acquisitions, and due diligences.
- In September 2009, Nick was selected to be part of the Canadian Accounting Standards Board’s IFRS Discussion Group which was established to assist the AcSB by considering issues arising relating to the application of IFRSs in Canada and making recommendations on whether particular issues should be referred to the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) or International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee (IFRIC).
- Nick is a member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, Canadian Society of Certified Management Accountants, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.