This course provides an introduction to business and securities valuations as an area of specialized practice. The focus is placed on the role of the business valuator, valuation terminology and principles, professional standards and practice issues, approaches to business value determinations, and the earnings-based valuation methodologies.
Day & Time: Tuesdays, 6 - 9 p.m; Saturdays, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Regular Course Fee: $1,495*
McGill Alumni Fee: $1,271*
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 6.5
Course duration: 35 hours in class plus approximately 30 hours of readings and assignments
* Fees for non-credit courses apply
This course is part of the Professional Development Certificate in Business Valuation. For more information, click here.
If you wish to register for an individual course without being admitted to the program, please click here for registration instructions.
- Introduction to business & security valuation
- Professional practice matters: the CICBV and engagement management
- The valuation assignment
- Capitalization and discount rates
- Income based approach to value determination
- Financing & agreements
- Intangible assets/goodwill
Renata Eva Milczarek, CPA, CA, CFF, CF, CBV
Partner, Mareval S.E.N.C.R.L.
For information regarding tuition payment please refer to: Student Accounts
Third Party Billing
If you have an agreement with your employer whereby the company should be billed directly for your course fees, please refer here for instructions on initiating a Third Party Sponsorship.
Course Drop/Withdrawal Policy
- Any time prior to the 1st class: Course Drop Period with Full Refund.
- After the 1st and before the 2nd class: Course Drop Period with Refund minus $20 fee.
- After the 2nd class: Course Withdrawal with No Refund.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca