We tend to spend so much time in what seems to be a string of endless meetings, and are constantly being asked to achieve more with less. Recent statistics show that in the US alone there are approximately 11 million meetings held daily and approximately 31 hours per month are considered lost due to non-productive meetings. As a result, facilitation is fast becoming a core competency for business professionals to enable them to effectively achieve rapid collaborative results in a productive environment. Whether you’re new to facilitation or have a degree of experience, this course provides a unique opportunity to enhance your skills and enable you to make a difference in your day-to-day interaction with groups. Our workshop instructors bring real-life facilitation expertise to enhance your learning experience.
- Gain a solid understanding of the core values, principles of facilitators
- Hands on workshops enhance the learning of a wide range of process tools and techniques
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: McGill downtown campus
Fee: $895.00 plus applicable taxes
Alumni fee: $761.00 plus applicable taxes
PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs): 14 (0.00 Technical, 14.00 Leadership, 0.00 Strategic)
This course is recognized by CMA towards compulsory continuing education requirement.
This course addresses the fundamental principles for effective facilitation for results and exposes tools and techniques at our disposal to help achieve our goals. These principles largely developed and tested in the real business world, can be successfully applied by anyone facilitating group interaction: team leaders, project & task force leaders, supervisors, managers, community practitioners, teachers, adult educators, marketing, management and quality consultants.
The facilitation tools and techniques are also fully aligned with the industry standard best practices. Through interactive group exercises, simulations, video segments, theory and practical applications, facilitating any type of session will become simplified, aiding in attaining results never thought possible!
At the end of this course participants will be able to apply facilitation theory, techniques and tools to:
- Become more effective change agents in any situation
- Generate buy-in for new products, solutions, tools, processes
- Generate and stimulate active participation
- Empower people to take charge
- Manage conflict and diversity of opinions
- Have groups evolve to become dynamic and results orientated teams
- Become a catalyst in identifying root causes to problems
- Help teams develop and generate creative and innovative solutions
- The 6Ps of a fantastic facilitation
- Joint Application Development best practices
- Basic facilitation skills & techniques
- Building and executing effective meetings for project teams.
- Collaborative team learning mini-workshops:
- Building the perfect agenda
- Decision Matrix
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing to pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca.
Receive a full refund if your cancellation request is received up to 14 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
Receive a refund minus $100 cancellation fee if your cancellation request is received up to 7 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
No Refunds are issued if your cancellation request is received within 7 days of the start date of the workshop, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted.
Please note that if no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca