If you require a copy of your student record, you can view and print your own unofficial transcript using Minerva.
Official transcripts can be ordered online via Minerva by going to Student Menu>Student Records Menu>Request Printed/Official Transcript. Alternative methods for ordering a transcript can be found on the Student Records page. To protect privacy, telephone or email requests are not accepted.
Transcript requests are free of charge. Official transcripts are sent directly to the addresses provided by the student. It is also possible to request an official transcript in a sealed envelope. Please allow 3 to 5 working days for processing and longer for pre-1976 records and requests made during peak periods.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING TRANSCRIPTS:
- Lost or delayed transcripts: McGill is not responsible for transcripts that are lost or delayed in the mail.
- Partial transcripts: McGill will issue only complete transcripts recording all work attempted and results obtained in any and all programs. In no circumstances will partial transcripts be issued.
- Permanent Code: Official transcripts will not be issued for students registered on or after September 1, 2001, who have failed to provide the information and/or documents necessary to obtain or verify their Permanent Code.
- Fines or fees owed: Transcripts will not be issued if you owe fines or fees over $30.00.
- Transcript security: Official transcripts are produced on secure paper that cannot be copied.
Letters of Attestation
You may request a Proof of Enrolment letter (also referred to as a Letter of Attestation) on Minerva under the Student Records Menu. Note: No letters can be issued by CS if there is a hold on your account. This letter will confirm that you are registered for the term with the School of Continuing Studies, and will also include the following information:
- registration load (full-time or part-time)
- courses (course numbers and titles)
- credit or Continuing Education (CE) units for each course
- beginning and end dates for each course
- certificate or diploma program in which the student is admitted to
If you require information from previous terms, you may order a transcript.
Please allow 48 to 72 hours for these letters to be prepared.
For more information on obtaining a letter on Minerva, please see the Proof of Enrolment page
Please note: Students in the Certificate of Proficiency in English – Language and Culture and the Certificate of Proficiency in French – Language and Culture intensive programs can request a Proof of Enrolment Letter (or Letter of Attestation) in-person at Client Services.