Add, Change or Drop a Course
If you would like to add, change or drop a course, see the Important Dates Supplement for late registration and course change dates for the current semester.
Using Minerva, students may:
- Add a course during the late registration and course change period, provided that registration for the course is still open.
- Drop a course during the late registration and course change period. Courses dropped before or during this period will not show on your student record.
- Change from one course to another during the late registration and course change period, provided that registration for the new course is still open.
IMPORTANT: You cannot change to another course by speaking to the instructor or by calling Client Services. If you are attending a different section than the one you are registered for, you must officially transfer during the course change period. If you are still on the wrong class list at the end of term, you will be given a grade of "J" (incomplete/failure).
Fees for course changes
There is a $20 charge for course changes made during the late registration and course change period.
- Tuition fees for dropped courses dropped will be refunded, less a $20 administrative fee per course.
- There is no charge for changing from one section to another section of the same course.
- There is no charge for changes in Language courses if they are recommended by the lecturer.
Courses have limited enrolment and can fill up. Certain courses may have waitlists students can join when registration is full. If a space opens up in the course, you may still be able to register. Course waitlists will be indicated on Minerva. For more information, see Waitlisting.