Your McGill email and myMcGill
It’s important that you activate your McGill email address right away, as it is the University’s official means of communications with students. Find out about your McGill email, myMcGill, IT resources available to students and more in Services and Resources.
Minerva – Logging Into Your McGill Account
Minerva is McGill’s web-based information system for students. Once you sign into Minerva, you can:
- view class schedules, course descriptions and spaces available in course sections
- register and make course changes
- view your unofficial transcript
- view your Permanent Code, citizenship and Quebec residency status and fee information
- update personal information such as address, telephone number and emergency contacts
- apply to graduate
- order official transcripts and more
Sign into Minerva: follow the instructions on the Login page, entering your McGill ID and 6-digit PIN.
- Newly admitted students: Your McGill ID is the 9-digit student number indicated on your letter of acceptance. Your initial PIN is your date of birth in the format yymmdd (year, month, and day), such as 850624.
- Previous McGill students: If your ID was a 7-digit number when you studied at McGill, you can access Minerva through a simple conversion: add “11” to the beginning of your original 7-digit number.
If you have problems signing in, you should consult the online Help file in Minerva. If you still have difficulty, call the Minerva Help Line at 514-398-7878.