Career and Professional Development is involved in cooperative education activities with individual firms, professions and industry groups. Many organizations give professional and career acceptance to McGill and other cooperative educational activities as well as offering their own external diplomas and certificates.
Membership in the association cooperative with McGill in offering some of these programs is recommended and in some cases required for students proceeding towards the designation offered by the association. For credit towards McGill certificates a minimum mark of 55% in each course is required. However, professional requirements may vary and students must know the regulations of their association especially with regards to pass/fail marks and other examination conditions. Details of the cooperative programs are available at the School.
- Association for Operations Management (APICS)
- Association of Administrative Assistants - Qualified Administrative Assistant Program (QAA)
- Autorité des marchés financiers
- Canadian Healthcare Association
- Canadian Institute of Management
- Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation
- Canadian Payroll Association
- CPA Quebec
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries of Canada
- The Dobson Foundation
- Insurance Institute of Canada
- International Association of Business Communicators
- L'Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec
- L'Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agrées du Québec (ORHRI)
- Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA)
- Quebec Risk and Insurance Management Association
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.
- Société québécoise des professionnels en relations publiques
Note: Students following programs with external associations who have not been admitted to a McGill certificate or diploma program are considered to be registered as special students.