Web Registration is now available to Conservatory students with Minerva access. Minerva is McGill's web-based information system.
Why register online?
- Secure web access to registration, address changes, fee assessment, and plus up-to-date information on courses.
- You can log in 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Pay online
How to Navigate
The recommended browsers for Minerva are Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape 6.2 or Internet Explorer for the Mac 5.1.
The key icon will lead you to the Minerva Login screen. From here you will be able to login to McGill University's Web-based information system where you can manage your personal information, register for courses, and make payments for your tuition.
Prepare to Register
Before registering have the following ready:
- 9-digit McGill ID number.
- Minerva 6-character PIN: The first time you log in to Minerva, your initial PIN will be your date of birth in the format of yymmdd, e.g. A date of birth December 3, 1980 would be 801203. You will be prompted to reset it to one of your own choice, for future use.
- The term in which the course begins.
- The name of the course and/or name of the teacher (Practical Instruction and Suzuki) for which you wish to register
If you are having problems logging in or need to have your PIN reset, call (514) 398-4474.
While McGill Conservatory advisors and staff will provide advice and guidance, it is your responsibility to do the following:
- Comply with course requirements such as placement tests, department or instructor approvals, auditions and course prerequisites.
- Ensure that your course selection and registration are complete and correct.
- Comply with McGill Conservatory regulations and registration deadlines
Note: Department Approval gives you the right to register but DOES NOT reserve a place in the course. Since enrolment is on a first-come, first-served basis, you should register as soon as you have your Department Approval.
How to register for courses
- Click on the Minerva Login icon on the left and log in to Minerva using your McGill ID and initial PIN (yymmdd). For first time users, follow the onscreen instructions to reset your PIN to one of your own choosing, for future use. You will also be prompted to select a security question to answer, such as "What is your pet's name?", which you can use in case you forget your PIN in future.
- Once logged in, follow the steps on the McGill Conservatory Courses Menu.
- Click HELP at the top right corner of the screen if you require more instructions.
After you register
|For help on this||Contact|
|Courses and policies of the McGill Conservatory||McGill Conservatory
|Resetting your PIN||Minerva Help Line
|The online registration process||Online help in Minerva|