Individual lessons missed as a result of the student's absence will be made up only in the following cases:
1. If notice of the cancellation is given 48 hours in advance and if the reason for the cancellation is an exceptional school activity at which the student's presence is required. The student must obtain a justification document from the institution and present this at the next lesson.
2. If the cancellation is due to illness and if notice of cancellation is given 48 hours in advance to the teacher.
Lessons will not be made up for same-day cancellation (even when due to illness).
We regret that group instruction missed by the student cannot be made up.
A doctor's certificate must be presented to the office for any prolonged absence (more than 2 lessons).
Instructors are under no obligation to make up lessons missed by the student due to family vacations taken during the academic year.
Individual lessons missed as a consequence of the instructor's absence will be made up at the mutual convenience of the instructor and student.
All "make-up" lessons must be made up before the beginning of the next McGill Conservatory year. (our year begins in September).
Very Little Musicians and Little Musicians
Parents may officially withdraw a student from this course by submitting written notification to the McGill Conservatory Office:
1. Written notification is required; ceasing to attend lessons or simply notifying the teacher does not constitute a withdrawal.
2. The written notification of withdrawal must be submitted before the third class to be eligible for a refund equivalent to 80% of the course fee.
3. No refunds can be made for late notification of withdrawal.
For all courses and lessons, fees are non-refundable after the respective deadlines except for medical reasons. In this latter case a medical certificate must be submitted to the Conservatory Office along with a written request for a refund.
A student may only drop a course before the course add/drop deadline (see Fees, Term Dates, and Deadlines); to drop a course before this date, login to Minerva from the McGill Conservatory registration page; to obtain a refund for this dropped course, the student must complete a Request for Refund Form available from the Conservatory Office or by downloading a PDF version from the McGill Student Accounts web site. Upon submission of the completed form to the Conservatory Office, a refund will be issued depending on the method of payment. Conservatory students may leave the refund as a credit in their account, to be applied to future fee assessments.