Age: 10 to 17 years old.
Did you hear on the radio that there’s something new in our Camp programming? With CKUT Radio Camp, you will get the chance to try out the world of radio! In collaboration with CKUT*, McGill University’s community radio station, we have designed a one-week intensive program to introduce you to this fascinating medium!
How does radio work? And a sound studio? How is the musical programming chosen? And the interviews with celebrities? Answers to all these questions and more, and intense activities are all programmed into this great camp!
To be sure the experience is interesting for everyone, 10-13 year olds, and 14-17 year olds, will have their own groups, and the camps will be held in alternating sessions. Also, the CRC gang will finish their week by participating in a live CKUT broadcast!
New for the 14-17 year old group: 2 specialized two-week sessions!
We are offering 2 new two-week long specialized camps for teenagers aged 14-17. In the first week teens will get the full radio experience using CKUT's recording equipment and studios, and learning all of the basic radio production skills complete with two live-on-air programmes hosted by the campers. Campers will spend the second week focusing on one of two specializations: Music and Sound Art; or Journalism and Documentary.
Music and Sound Art Specialization (Session 1)
- advanced DJ skills
- build your own electronic musical instruments
- meet local musicians and sound artists
- take part in collective sound improvisations (no musical experience necessary)
- how to organize a concert (with local promoters)
- how to run a record label (from a local label)
- record a live music session
Journalism and Documentary Specialization (Session 2)
- create your own radio documentary feature
- meet documentary-makers
- discover different styles of documentary
- effective story-telling in a documentary context
- advanced audio editing
- using sound and music to tell your story
- field trips around the city for documentary recording
- interview techniques & booking interviews
Click here for more information and to listen to last year's broadcasts!
Click here to find out camp fees for this great program!