Comparative Medicine and Animal Resources Centre (CMARC)
The mission of the Comparative Medicine and Animal Resources Centre (CMARC), formerly the Animal Resources Centre, is to provide high-quality care to the animals and facilitate research and teaching. Professional animal care and veterinary staff are dedicated to the health and well-being of the animals under their care and are a resource of comprehensive services supporting McGill's fundamental mission of education and research.
- To foster a model animal care and use program.
- To be a respected and trusted service for the McGill University community and affiliates, being seen as knowledgeable, helpful and welcoming.
Core Values and Beliefs
- The core values of the CMARC emanate from respect for animals and people. The CMARC believes in animal welfare through humane treatment and high-quality animal care.
- The CMARC values collaboration with researchers, the Animal Compliance Office, animal care committees, regulatory agencies and animal welfare organizations.
- Relationships are based on respect, fairness, integrity, communication, collaboration and inclusiveness.