HONORS IN CLASSICS (60 credits)
Required Courses (9 credits):
- CLAS 200 Ancient Greek Literature (3)
- CLAS 208 Roman Literature and Society (3)
- CLAS 441 Classics Seminar (3)
Complementary Courses (51 credits)
- 51 credits chosen from five thematic areas of Classics (Classical Languages; Classical Literature; Ancient History; Modern Greek; and Philosophy and Religion) and including the specifications outlined below. For course choices, see the list of courses by thematic area, available on the Classical Studies Web site.
- 30 credits minimum in Classical Languages at the 200-, 300- or 400-level, at least 18 credits in one language (ancient Greek or Latin), at least 12 credits in the other language, and a minimum of 6 credits minimum of Classical Languages at the 400-level. Note: CLAS 441 may not be counted toward the 30 credits in Classical Languages.
- A minimum of 6 credits each in two of the following areas:
- Classical Literature
- Ancient History
- Philosophy and Religion
- Modern Greek
- No more than 12 credits of complementary courses may be at the 200 level.
- The same course may not count toward more than one thematic area requirement.
According to Faculty regulations, Honors students must maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.00 and maintain a minimum program GPA of 3.00.
STUDENTS: Minerva does not work in evaluating Classics degrees - you must meet all requirements listed here. If you are unsure about your status, please make an appointment with the Classics Undergraduate Advisor, Prof. Lynn Kozak.