Honours Program in Classics
HONORS IN CLASSICS (60 credits)
Required Courses (6 credits):
- CLAS 200 Ancient Greek Literature (3)
- CLAS 208 Roman Literature and Society (3)
Complementary Courses (54 credits)
- 54 credits taken from the list of courses within the five thematic areas, available on the Classical Studies Web site
- 30 credits minimum in Classical Languages at the 200-, 300- or 400-level, at least 18 credits in one language (ancient Greek or Latin), and at least 12 credits in the other language
- 6 credits minimum of Classical Languages at the 400-level
- 6 credits minimum chosen from the following Honours reading list courses:
- CLAS 515D1/D2 Latin Authors and Texts (6 credits)
- CLAS 525D1/D2 Ancient Greek Authors and Texts (6 credits)
- 6 credits minimum in each of two of the following areas:
- Classical Literature
- Ancient History
- Philosophy and Religion
- Modern Greek
- 18 credits maximum 200-level
Note: The same course may not count toward more than one thematic area requirement.
According to Faculty regulations, Honors students must maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.00 and maintain a minimum program GPA of 3.00.
STUDENTS: Minerva does not work in evaluating Classics degrees - if you meet all requirements listed here, but Minerva is telling you otherwise, do not pay attention. If you are still unsure, please consult with the undergraduate advisor.