M. Saeed Mirza
MEng, PhD (McGill)
saeed [dot] mirza [at] mcgill [dot] ca (E-mail)
Professor Mirza's specialty is structural engineering and rehabilitation of infrastructure. He joined our Department in 1966 after working for a consulting engineer and the Public Works Department in Pakistan.
- Chair, CSCE Technical Committee on Rehabilitation of Infrastructure
- Co-Chair, CSCE-IEP International Conference on Infrastructure, Sustainable Development and Mankind, March-April 1998
- Chair, CSCE-FCM International Conference on Infrastructure Issues, Policies, Preservation and Rehabilitation
- President, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (1985-86)
- Behaviour, analysis and design of concrete structures
- Nonlinear finite element analysis of structural concrete
- Preservation and rehabilitation of infrastructure
- Consultant to the St. Lawrence Seaway Authority for the Champlain, Mercier and Jacques Cartier bridges
- Consultant for detailed three-dimensional analysis and design of the World Trade Centre, Ottawa
- Keynote speaker, CSCE Annual Conference (1994), Department of Public Works Conference (1995) and other conferences
- A.B. Sanderson Award of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering for outstanding contributions to the development and practice of structural engineering in Canada (1991)
- Fellow, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, Engineering Institute of Canada, American Concrete
- Institute and the Institute of Engineers Pakistan
- Canada 125 Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Canadian Society (1992)
- Class of 1951 Award for outstanding undergraduate teaching (1991)
- James Vance Award of the Candian Society for Civil Engineering for outstanding contributions to the society
- CAN-AM Amity Award of the American Society of Civil Engineers for outstanding and unusual contributions toward advancement of professional relationships between the civil engineers of the United States and Canada (1993)
- M.S. Mirza and L. Amleh. "Recent developments in diagnosis and rehabilitation of concrete structures." Proceedings of the ACI Fall Convention, Montreal, November, 1995, pp.193-235.
- M.S. Mirza. "Infrastructure renewal." Proceedings of the One-Day Forum on Facilities Renewal Program, Department of Public Works, Ottawa, November 1995, pp. 1- 74.
- M.S. Mirza. "Dixon Bridge - A Field Laboratory?" Proceedings of the CERIU Annual Conference, Montreal, November 1995, pp. 4-1 - 4-34.
- S. Siddiqui and M.S. Mirza. "Canada's urban infrastructure." Proceedings of the CERIU Annual Conference, Montreal, November 1995.
- S. Siddiqui and M.S. Mirza. "Canadian municipal infrastructure - The present state." Proceedings of the CSCE Annual Conference, Edmonton, May 1996.