What was the Nunavut child health survey about?
The Nunavut Child Inuit Health Survey of children, ages 3 – 5, focused on
- Nutritional health
- Healthy growth and bones
- Exposure to mercury
- Medical history.
What were the major topics of the child health survey questionnaires?
- Home environment
- Food habits
- Food security and access to country food
- General health
- Respiratory health
Who participated in the Nunavut child health survey?
- 16 communities in Nunavut
- 388 preschool-aged children 3-5 years of age
- 184 boys and 204 girls, mean age was 4.4 years
What are the most pressing health concerns emerging from the Nunavut child health survey?
- Food insecurity, overweight and obesity
- Too many children consumed drinks and snacks with high amounts of sugar and fat
- Respiratory illnesses are common
- Homebased questionnaire
- Medicine and supplement sheet
- Cinical measurement sheet
- Individual questionnaire
- 24-hr recall
- Food frequency questionnaire