Every year Google sponsors the Google Summer of Code. This program pays students a stipend for taking part in development work on open source projects. Applications for the Google Summer of Code are now open to all students. Read the full announcement for details.
Due to network issues, there will be a restart of several major systems tomorrow morning, April 8, beginning at 5:00 am and ending at 5:30 am. Please see the full announcement for details.
Last week we experienced problems with McGill Exchange email for students and alumni. These problems were resolved over the weekend and affected students and alumni can now access their McGill email as usual. We were able to recover all messages except for those sent between approx. 5:00 pm, Saturday March 27 and the failure at approx. 11:40 am on Monday, March 29th.
Exchange email has been restored successfully for all but approximately 100 of the students and alumni that were affected by the problems earlier this week. There were errors when restoring these 100 mailboxes, but they are being reprocessed and we expect them to be restored within the next few hours.
About 60% of the student and alumni Exchange mailboxes affected by problems earlier this week have now been restored and these users can now access their email as usual. Updates regarding the remaining 40% of affected users will be posted later today. If yours is among the 60% of restored mailboxes, it may take a few hours before you see all messages sent between Monday afternoon and today.
Update - March 31, 2 pm: Students who have been unable to access their McGill email, please note the following temporary solution ...
Update - 12:30PM - Office Communicator is now running normally. --------------------- We are currently experiencing problems with the Exchange servers. Office Communicator may be inaccessible for some staff members. Technicians are looking into the issue and we hope to resolve the situation shortly. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this inconvenience.
The McGill EVault (email archiving solution) server is currently experiencing some technical issues. As a result, archived emails may not be accessible. Technicians are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.