WorldCat update: New collections add millions of titles
Over the past several months, the Library has increased the number of resources that are available through WorldCat, so we thought it would be a good idea to summarize some of them here.
Some recent additions to WorldCat include:
- HathiTrust Public Domain Titles: 1.3 million titles
- Internet Archive: 1.1 million titles
- CiNii Open Access Journals and Research Bulletins: 3,500 titles
- Directory of Open Access Journals: 8,666 titles
- Journal @rchive: 2,000 titles
- Érudit - Open Access: 100 titles
When searching these resources, WorldCat will automatically search both journal titles and articles, and will provide direct links to full-text articles when possible.
WorldCat allows you to search not only for items that are held at the McGill Library, but also at other libraries around the world. WorldCat will also include not only books and journals but individual articles that are relevant to your search. You can search WorldCat using the search bar on the Library home page or by visiting http://mcgill.worldcat.org/.