(PHOTO OF McGILL'S WHITE TEAM BY ANDREW DOBROWOLSKYJ)
CALGARY -- McGill captured the Geraldine Dubrule trophy to win their eighth consecutive Canadian University Synchronized Swim League championship in Calgary on Feb. 4.
McGill won the novice team routine, finished second in both the elite team routine and the novice solo category. They also placed third in both the elite solo routine and the elite duet routine.
"It was a very exciting competition and although our top elite team was barely edged out by the University of Calgary, we managed to score points in all events and bring home the Dubrule trophy again," said Katherine LePage, co-president of the synchro club.
Each event has been posted to the CUSSL Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CUSSL?feature=watch.
The team closes out another great season with 52nd annual McGill Water Show at the Memorial Pool on Thursday (Feb. 9) at 8 p.m.
McGill's results in summary are as follows:
2. McGill - Kelly Witkowski
Coached by Catherine Pollock
1. McGill - Swimmers are: Kelly Witkowski, Eira Nesbitt-Wood, Emma Sheehan, Juliette Perrain, Susan Ge, Paula Kent, Charlotte Wynn and Andrea Pejovic
Coached by Vanessa Foucher and Catherine Pollock
3. McGill - Danielle tenVaanholt
4. McGill - Hannah Ungar
Both Solos are Self-Coached
3. McGill - Carrie Mouck and Lisa Portney
2. (Preliminaries and Finals) McGill White - Emmanuelle Beaulieu, Carrie Mouck, Lisa Portney, Samantha Allen, Hannah Ungar, Danielle tenVaanholt, Lauren Pinkus, Christina Daoussis and Alexandra Dimmer
Coached by Lynn Macrae
8. (Preliminaries) and 11. (Finals) McGill Red - Xenia Cravetchi, Hilary Clayton, Vanessa Mumme, Tanya Hurtubise, Shannon Herrick, Karling Roberts, Simone Sinclair-Walker and Erica Messore
Coached by Katherine LePage
McGill Athletics & Recreation