NEW FUNDING PROGRAM LAUNCHED BY TOURISME MONTRÉAL
This new program applies to new events in Montréal; events that are not yet confirmed; events that have a rotation in at least three countries and have at least 50% of delegates coming from countries outside Canada. (There is a minimum of 200 delegates required to qualify but Tourisme Montreal has other programs that do not have this requirement).
Those who qualify for this new program will have access to:
- Professional consultation services to assist in preparing a preliminary budget and developing a business plan;
- Letter of credit or guarantee for a line of credit for a maximum amount of $25,000, dependent on the size of the conference. (If the conference does not have a deficit, organizers may keep the amount of $25,000 but in the case of a short fall, the deficit amount will be deducted from $25,000)
- Insurance policy covering event cancellation.
Please note that an existing funding programexists that covers the following:
- Production of bid documents on behalf of the local committee;
- Coordination of request for proposals with member hotels and other suppliers;
- Financial assistance when travel is required to present a bid (flights, accommodation, per diem);
- Financial assistance per delegate registered from outside the province of Québec.
More details can be found at http://aidprogram.tourisme-Montréal.org/
For questions, please contact Stéphanie Magnani, Coordinator –
Research and account development, International market, Tourisme
Tel.: 514 844.2873
magnani.stephanie [at] tourisme-Montreal.org