New ability to upload admissions requirements through Minerva improves service to applicants, reduces paper waste and increases efficiency
IT Services and Enrolment Services have introduced a new functionality to Minerva that allows many applicants to McGill to upload their required documents (e.g., unofficial transcripts) for admission.
This new functionality has the following benefits:
- Applicants no longer have to mail in the documents - they can upload the images from the comfort of their own homes.
- They can see that we have received their documentation immediately (rather than waiting for us to receive it via postal mail and process it – which causes delays)
- McGill has the information earlier, allowing us to use it to make faster admission decisions (conditional on receipt of the official version)
- It will eliminate over 44,000 documents from manual processing (opening mail, scanning, indexing, etc.) – saving time for more important, analytical functions.
- This greatly reduces the amount of paper used.
For more details and a list of the participating faculties/schools, see http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/submitting_your_documents/uploadingdocuments/