Richard and Edith Strauss Clinical Fellowships in Medicine
Established in 2010 by Richard and Edith Strauss Canada Foundation to fund fellowships for Residents. Awarded by the Post Graduate Awards Committee of the Faculty of Medicine upon recommendation from the Research and Graduate Studies Office and the Office of Postgraduate Medical Education & Professional Affairs for outstanding Residents, as defined by McGill University.
Value: $40,000 stipend for the Recipient.
Funding start date: July 01, 2011, at the earliest.
Please submit the following documents by June 20th, 2011 at 4:00pm to Nishat Shabnam at the Research Office (McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, Room 637).
- 6 page proposal (double-spaced, excluding references) – include background, rationale/hypothesis, experimental aims and methodology
- Supervisor CV (3 page max)
- Candidate CV (3 page max)
- A letter from the Chair detailing the qualifications of the candidate and the lack of alternative funding
- Evidence of outside application for funding
The Recipient will be chosen by a Faculty of Medicine Committee co-chaired by Dr. Sarkis Meterissian (Associate Dean of Postgraduate Medical Education & Professional Affairs) and Dr. Elaine C. Davis (Associate Dean, Biomedical BSc, Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs).
The Recipient will be informed by June 24th.
If you need any further information please contact Ms. Nishat Shabnam at gradstudies.med [at] mcgill.ca ().
Student Affairs Coordinator (Fellowships)
Faculty of Medicine, McGill University
3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Room 637
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1Y6
Email: gradstudies.med [at] mcgill.ca