Essay Contest: Nappert Prize in International Arbitration
The Nappert Competition is open to all students, junior scholars and junior practitioners from around the world. To be eligible for the prize, authors must be either currently enrolled in a B.C.L, LL.B., J.D., LL.M., D.C.L., or Ph.D. program (or their local equivalents). Those who are no longer in school must have taken their most recent degree within the last three years, or have been admitted to the bar (or the local equivalent) for the first time and for no more than three years (whichever is later).
(in Canadian dollars) First place: $4,000; Second place: $2,000; Third place: $1,000.
Winning one of the awards will also carry with it the presentation of the paper at a symposium to be held at McGillon October 30, 2014 (the expenses of the winners for attending the symposium will be covered).
May 15, 2014.
- must relate to commercial or investment arbitration;
- must be unpublished (not yet submitted for publication) as of May 15;
- be a maximum of 15, 000 words (including footnotes);
- can be written in English or in French;
- must be in MS Word format.
Submissions are to be emailed to andrea [dot] bjorklund [at] mcgill [dot] ca as an attached file before May 15, 2014. Submissions should be accompanied by a statement affirming the author’s eligibility for the competition and the unpublished status of the paper. Review of the papers will start after May 15.
The following individuals have generously agreed to donate their time and expertise to decide on the prize winners:
- George A. Bermann, Jean Monnet Professor of EU Law, Columbia Law School, New York
- Teresa Cheng, Senior Counsel and Chartered Arbitrator, Des Voeux Chambers, Hong
- Giuditta Cordero-Moss, Professor, University of Oslo
- José Ricardo Feris, Deputy Secretary General, ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris
- Meg Kinnear, Secretary-General, ICSID, Washington DC
- Philippe Pinsolle, Partner, Quinn Emmanuel, Paris
For more information, kindly email Professor andrea [dot] bjorklund [at] mcgill [dot] ca, Faculty of Law, McGill University.