EndNote version X4 for Windows and Mac now available
EndNote version X4 for Windows and Mac is now available for
download from the McGill
software website. It is recommended that older versions of the
software be uninstalled before installing the new version.
Some of the differences between EndNote versions X3 and X4 are listed below.
- Create new records from PDF files - Version X4 allows you to create new references directly from PDF files that you have downloaded on your computer. You can use the “Import” function to import the PDF file. Note that the completeness of the record is quite variable, depending on the origin of your PDF and the metadata attached to it.
- New automatic group: cited references - When you are working with Cite While You Write, the EndNote Library now displays an automatically-generated Group with all of the references contained in your current document.
- Cite While You Write interface - The “edit citations” button is now “edit and manage citations,” which has a more user-friendly screen for modifying references to include page numbers, exclude authors, etc.
- The full EndNote manual no longer comes
installed with the program in PDF form, but the help files can be
accessed the program. The full PDF can be downloaded at http://endnote.com/support/ensupport.asp
- Create new groups by comparing, combining and suppressing existing groups.
- Modify references easily in the new Quick Edit tab on the main library window (no need to double click to open the reference).
- Edit references when comparing duplicates.
- You can now use wildcards within search fields.
- Improved APA 6th style compatibility, particular when handling more than seven authors.
- Capability to hyperlink in-text citations to the related item in the bibliography.
A 7-minute video demo of the changes is available here.
For more, visit http://endnote.com/enx4info.asp