You can continue to access all of our e-resources through WorldCat. WorldCat allows the Library to make our full collection of e-resources available with far greater efficiency and reliability than what was possible with the Classic Catalogue. Furthermore, the cost savings from using WorldCat allow us to continue to invest in developing our collections of both print and electronic resources to meet the needs the McGill community.
The e-resources will be removed from the Classic Catalogue on Monday, June 9, 2014.
Here are a few more details on how this change will impact the Classic Catalogue and its various sub-catalogues:
- The following sub-catalogues related to e-resources will be removed: e-books, e-journals, e-resources, open access resources
- E-resources will be removed from the following sub-catalogues: full, audio-visual and journal titles
- The McGill Theses sub-catalogue will not be affected by this change, and will still contain both print and electronic materials.
- eExams will not be affected by this change, and will continue to be available as they were before.
- Course Reserves will still display e-resources on reserve for McGill courses.
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please let us know: web [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca