Dr. Jeffrey M. Myers wins the 2009 Dr. Ralph Silverstone Teaching Award
Congratulations to Dr. Jeffrey M. Myers, the 2009 recipient of the Dr. Ralph Silverstone Teaching Award !
The Dr. Ralph Silverstone Teaching Award recognizes an outstanding contribution to the development of the undergraduate teaching program in Dentistry.
The selection process is based on the following:
· A one-page statement explaining fully the reasons for the nomination
· A curriculum vitae
· Course evaluations for two years
Letters of support from 2 students based on:
1. Information about the nominee’s length of service
2. Clarity of presentation
3. Ability to engage students
4. Mastery of the subject matter
5. Dedication to teaching
6. Involvement with program development or improvement
7. Effectiveness of examination/evaluation methods
8. Impact the nominee’s teaching has had on former students’ academic achievements or other successes