New site a source of reliable health information for parents and kids
www.thechildren.com is getting more than a facelift...it's getting a complete overhaul. With the press of a button, the dynamic new website of the Montreal Children's Hospital (MCH) of the MUHC will go live at midday on September 13.
Key features of the new site include:
- a Child Health Section which will eventually feature over 225 articles on a vast array of topics to provide reliable health information for parents and their children;
- an online form for booking appointments at MCH clinics (YES! A step towards getting rid of answering machines);
- a virtual map of the hospital to make it easy to find departments, clinics and offices;
- a searchable departments and services section;
- a news and events section; and
- a Kids' Corner page.
The new site was developed to not only meet the needs of patients and families but to surpass their expectations of a hospital site. "Our goal was to create a website that helps people learn more about the Children's and its staff, and will be a source to rely on for accurate medical advice about common childhood ailments, illnesses and conditions," says Dr. Linda Christmann, Associate Executive Director of the Children's. "The public can depend on the information provided in the Child Health Section of our site since the articles are approved by an MCH specialist."
Over the coming months, the site will be expanded as more health information is added. Plans are already underway to enhance the Kids' Corner and to develop a section for health care professionals to exchange information on best practices. In the next few months, the hospital will also be sending a health tips newsletter to subscribers.
The Children's created the site in close collaboration with Uranium Design.
For more information please contact: