CaPS Acquisitions Update (October 2011)
CaPS Acquisitions Update - October 2011
Check out our new career books and resources to help you to plan and get your dream career.
You may borrow the following books or resources at CaPS, Brown Student Services Building (room 2200)
Job Search, Career Description and Networking
- 101 Best Ways to Land a Job in Troubled Times
- Best Answers, (The): 9 Secrets of Job-Winning Interviews
- Cracking the Hidden Job Market: How to Find Opportunity in Any Economy
- Driving the Career Highway: 20 Road Signs You Can't Afford to Miss
- Get a Great Job When You Don't Have a Job
- Get Hired in a Tough Market: Insider Secrets to Find and Land the Job You Need Now
- How to Call Attention to Your Music
- How to Find Work in the 21st Century (5th ed.) [Book + CD-ROM]
- How to Get Any Job: Life Launch & Re-Launch for Everyone Under 20, (or How to Avoid Living in Your Parents' Basement) (2nd ed.)
- Job of Your Life, (The): Groundbreaking Steps for Getting the Work You Want (Special 10th Anniversary ed.)
- Palmarès des carrières 2011
Interview and Diversity
- 101 Toughest Interview Questions ... and Answers that win the Job! (Revised ed.)
- Best Answers to the 201 Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions (2nd ed.)
- Entrevue préparez-vous en 3 étapes: méthode d'entrevue
- Fearless Résumés: The Proven Method for Getting a Great Job Fast
- Find a Job Through Social Networking: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, and More to Advance Your Career (2nd ed.)
- No Canadian Experience, eh?: A Career Survival Guide for New Immigrants
- Times Change: A Career Planning Workbook for Women
Employer Directory and Entrepreneurship
- Intelligent Entrepreneur, (The): How Three Harvard Business School Graduates Learned the 10 Rules of Successful Entrepreneurship
- L'Unique répertoire des entreprises qui recrutent (Éd 2011-2012)
- Start & Run a Real Home-Based Business [Book + CD-ROM] (2nd ed.)
Online Job Listings
Accessible via myFuture (Documents/Career Resources -> Career Resources -> Type: CaPS -> Subscription. Click "Apply Search"):
- Artsboard: Canada's employment and training e-bulletin for the Arts.
- Canada Employment Weekly: Weekly job opportunities from across Canada.
- Current Jobs in Liberal Arts: An entry-level employment bulletin for the Liberal Arts Professions.
- International Career Employment Weekly: A comprehensive source of international careers for professionals.
- TIE - The International Educator: Hundreds of overseas teaching jobs from top international schools around the world.
Free Online & Print Magazines
- Career Options: Tips from experts for student job seekers.
- Careers in Health: For graduates and professionals in health.
- CareerRookie: Articles in employment outlook, information about virtual career fairs.
- Job Choices: Tips for job search, career fair success, CV writing, and more.
- Job Postings: Entry-level, full-time, part-time, internship opportunities and career tips.
- Verge Magazine: The premier magazine for exploring opportunities to study, work and volunteer abroad.
- and for more free magazines...visit Online & Print Magazines
Online Career Resources
- Labour Market Information: Labour Market Report (October 2011).
- Going Global (require VPN): Worldwide job and internship listings, employer profiles, and country-specific career information.
- Big Guide (require VPN): A comprehensive interactive web site that helps students and young professionals build global career skills.
- Vault Guide (Career Insider) (require VPN): Downloadable career guidebooks, insider company surveys, industry profile, career advice.
- Bridge - Worldwide Music Connection: Music-related postings. Contact McGill CaPS for username and password.
- Devex (require VPN): International development premium job. board.
- Career Cruising: An industry-leading online career guidance and planning system. Contact McGill CaPS for username and password.
Search our book catalogue and website directory for more career resources, covering graduate school, networking, occupational descriptions, employer directories, self-improvement, and everything in between.