CaPS Acquisitions Update (December 2010)
CaPS Acquisitions Update - December
Check out our new career books and resources to help you to plan and get your dream career.
Brown Student Services Building (room 2200)
Career Descriptions and Directories
- 2011 Writer's Market
- Artist's Career Guide, (The): How to Make a Living Doing What You Love
- Becoming an Architect: A Guide to Careers in Design
- Big Screen, Little Screen: Career Opportunities Inside the Art Department in Film and Television
- Career Opportunities in Health Care
- Career Opportunities in Science
- Career Opportunities in the Food and Beverage Industry
- Career Opportunities in Travel and Hospitality
- Careers in Public Health
- Great Jobs for Engineering Majors
- Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for First-Time Job Seekers
- NCTJ Essential Guide to Careers in Journalism, (The)
- Physicians' Assistants and Nurses: New Opportunities in the 21st-Century Health System
- Teacher - How to Land a Top-Paying Job: Your Complete Guide to Opportunities, Resumes and Cover Letters, Interviews, Salaries, Promotions, What to Expect From Recruiters and More!
- WetFeet: International MBA Student's Guide to the U.S. Job Search, (The)
- What to Do with Your Psychology Degree
Cover letters and Résumés
- Expert Resumes for Career Changers
- Federal Resume Guidebook
- New Resume, New Career
- Preparing the Perfect Medical CV: How to Succeed in Your Chosen Field
Interviews and Portfolios
- 201 Knockout Answers to Tough Interview Questions: the Ultimate Guide to Handling the New Competency-Based Interview Style
- High-Impact Interview Questions: 701 Behavior-Based Questions to Find the Right Person for Every Job
- Guide to Portfolios: Creating and Using Portfolios for Academic, Career, and Personal Success
- Sell Yourself in Any Interview: Use Proven Sales Techniques to Land Your Dream Job
Specialized Studies and Standard Tests
- Accepted! 50 Successful Business School Admission Essays
- Graduate Programs in Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Graduate Study in Psychology 2011
- GRE Premier 2011 [Book + CD-ROM]
- Insider's Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology 2010-2011
- Not So Short Introduction to Getting Into Medical School
- Official Student Doctor Network: Medical School Admission Guide, (The)
- Peterson's College Guide for Performing Arts Majors
- Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty (The)
- Big Trip, (The): Your Ultimate Guide to Gap Years and Overseas Adventures
- Guide de l'immigration au Québec, (Le)
- Livret d'accueil: Vivre en France
- Répertoire des organismes et des projets 2009-2010
- Volunteer: A Traveller's Guide to Making a Difference Around the World
- Voyage d'affaires au Québec 2010
Online Magazines and Serials
Accessible via myFuture (View Career Resources):
- Canada Employment Weekly: Weekly job opportunities from across Canada.
- Current Jobs in Liberal Arts: An entry-level careers employment bulletin published twice per month.
- Devex: International development premium job board and more.
- International Career Employment Weekly: Weekly comprehensive source of information on international career positions.
- The International Educator: Newspaper and Job Postings, two-monthly publication.
Labour Market Information / Online Employer Directories and International Opportunities
- Labour Market Information: CAPSScoop (December Issue)
- Going Global (require VPN): Worldwide job and internship listings, employer profiles, and country-specific career information.
- Big Guide (require VPN): A comprehensive interactive web site that helps students and young professionals build global career skills.
Search our book catalogue and website directory for more career resources, covering graduate school, networking, occupational descriptions, employer directories, self-improvement, and everything in between.