The CIC Fellowship Program
This is a highly competitive program that seeks to attract both eminent established researchers as well as Canada's most promising young minds and provide them with the opportunity to help guide Canada on pressing foreign policy problems.
Open to academic, public policy and media professionals, the CIC Academic Advisory Committee will award a limited number of Fellowships across Canada, creating an interdisciplinary team of professionals, each focused upon a particular issue. Working both independently and collectively, CIC Fellows will engage in a research project focused on a particular Canadian foreign policy concern. The goal of each project is to produce a viable set of policy recommendations.
CIC Fellowship Applications
Fellowships will be awarded based on the merit of the application, experience of the applicant and policy relevance of the proposed research project as it relates to the CIC areas of focus.
Academic applicants must have completed their doctorate prior to taking up the fellowship. For other applicants, an equivalent level of professional achievement is expected. A minimum of 5 years of work experience is required.
The CIC reserves the right to appoint exceptional individuals to
become a CIC Fellow outside of the application process.
CIC Fellowship Benefits and Obligations
Fellowships are awarded on a twelve month non-renewable basis.
- Award amount between $60,000 and $125,000, based on the proposed research project and experience of the applicant.
- Economy class transportation to and from CIC branch events and conferences across the country.
- Affiliation with the CIC throughout the fellowship period.
- To complete the research project as outlined in the original proposal and to produce a paper of publishable quality that outlines specific policy recommendations.
- To provide public lectures and speaking engagements and local CIC branches and events.
- To be an active participant in CIC research and programming activities throughout the fellowship period.
- To acknowledge the CIC fellowship in all related publications, conferences, media appearances, etc.