Urban Sustainability workshops
Interested in urban sustainability skills and systems design?
Come to an all-day workshop with Scott Kellogg of the Radix Ecological Sustainability Center: community-based sustainable solutions. Scott is an experienced teacher, activist, ecological designer, and father. He is currently earning a Masters in Environmental Science from Johns Hopkins University.
Topics will include:
- Rainwater harvesting, greywater filtration, and urban hydrology
- Low-intensity bioremediation using plants, fungi and bacteria
- Beekeeping and silkworms
- Microgreens production, raised bed gardening, and perennial food systems
- Bioshelters, greenhouses, and season extension techniques
- Kitchen culture: apartment-scale sustainability
- Reconciliation ecology: promoting biodiversity in the city
- Vertical and rooftop farming
- Autonomous energy: veggie oil vehicles, methane digesters, and bicycle electric generators
- Ecological micro-economies
- Mushroom inoculation: take home a bag of edible oyster mushrooms to grow!
For more information on the Radix center and Scott, visit http://radixcenter.org/. Don't forget to bring a lunch!