SSHRC Insight Grants Information Session
The Office of Sponsored Research is pleased to invite McGill researchers and administrators to an information session for the upcoming SSHRC Insight Grants competition.
Friday, June 6th, 2014
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Leacock Building, Room 232
Light refreshment will be served.
Please R.S.V.P. to melissa.w.li [at] mcgill.ca () by Friday, May 30th for registration.
The workshop will include:
- an introduction by Professor Sarah Stroud, Associate Vice-Principal, Research & International Relations;
- a brief presentation about the objectives and requirements of the Insight Grants by Grants Officer Melissa Li;
- presentations by two McGill researchers with experience as committee members and/or grant awardees. They will provide potential applicants with insider information about the peer-review system and/or strategies for preparing a successful proposal:
- Prof. Allen Hepburn (Department of English) and
- Prof. Charmaine Nelson (Department of Art History & Communication Studies)
- a question and answer period where participants will be encouraged to pose any questions that they may have about this funding opportunity. For participants who may not feel comfortable asking questions during the session or might not be able to attend the workshop, please send your questions in advance to melissa.w.li [at] mcgill.ca (subject: IG%20info%20session) (Melissa Li), who will include them in the question and answer period.
The internal guide prepared by the Office of Sponsored Research for this funding opportunity will be distributed at the workshop.
Please note that, as indicated in SSHRC’s regulations governing multiple applications, researchers who have applied to Insight Development Grants in 2014 are not eligible to apply to Insight Grants in 2014, whether successful in the Insight Development Grant competition or not. However, researchers are allowed to hold an Insight Grant and an Insight Development Grant at the same time.
The workshop may be cancelled if attendance is not sufficient.