SSHRC Insight Development Grants Information Session
The Office of Sponsored Research is pleased to invite McGill researchers and administrators to an information session on the upcoming SSHRC Insight Development Grants competition.
The workshop will include:
- an introduction by Associate Vice-Principal, Research & International Relations, Professor Sarah Stroud;
- a presentation about the requirements of the Insight Development Grants by Grants Officer Melissa Li;
- presentations by two McGill researchers with experience as committee members and/or grant awardees in the Insight Development Grants competition. They will provide potential applicants with insider information about the peer-review system and/or strategies for preparing a successful proposal:
- Professor Carrie Rentschler (Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies, IDG committee member) and
- Professor Nathan Hall (Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology, IDG awardee)
- a question and answer period where participants will be encouraged to pose any questions that they may have about this funding opportunity.
For participants who may not feel comfortable asking a question during the session or might not be able to attend the workshop, please send your questions in advance to melissa [dot] w [dot] li [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Melissa Li).
The internal guide prepared by the Office of Sponsored Research will be distributed at the workshop.
Coffee will be served.
Please R.S.V.P. to vera [dot] milbradt [at] mcgill [dot] ca by Tuesday, November 19, 2013.