Second Annual McGill E-Waste Collection event hosted by Reboot McGill
Drop off your old computers and other personal electronic gadgets on campus during this unique two day event!
Reboot McGill, an Engineering Undergraduate Society club, in partnership with Global Electric Electronic Processing (GEEP) is organizing its second annual Electronic Waste Collection event. We will be right inside the Roddick Gates, on the corner of Sherbrooke and McGill College, on April 4th and 5th from 9 am to 4 pm. Come by to drop-off your electronic waste and learn how GEEP processes the material it receives.
Items that are deemed to be reusable by Reboot will be refurbished and redistributed to the McGill and Montreal community while everything else GEEP will recycle in a safe and responsible manner in Canada.
Items that are accepted:
- Desktop computers;
- Laptop computers, electronic pads and e-book readers;
- Computer screens and television sets;
- Printers, scanners, fax machines and photocopiers;
- Cellular and satellite telephones;
- Wireless and conventional telephones, pagers and answering machines;
- DVD players and VCRs;
- MP3 Players/iPods;
- Game systems;
- Digital Cameras;
- Keyboards, mice, cables, connectors, chargers and remote controls designed to be used with a product covered in this list
- Small household appliances such as electric kettles, toasters, blenders, etc.
The items below are also accepted, however, please keep them separate from the other items.
- Individual Printer cartridges (outside of printers)
- Batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, 9v, and other household batteries (no lead acid or other types please))
- Any used, working or broken, electronic devices are accepted : computers, laptops, tablets, printers, cameras ...
We hope to see you there!