Partnering Social Justice and Legal Education across Boundaries
The Legal Information Clinic at McGill (LICM) is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, and, with McGill's Faculty of Law, is proud to invite you to a one-day conference on the legal clinic experience during Homecoming 2013: "Partnering Social Justice and Legal Education across Boundaries."
CALL FOR STORIES & PICTURES ABOUT THE LICM: conference [dot] licm [at] mcgill [dot] ca
- Me Michael Bergman, founder of the LICM, on the story of the Clinic and its contribution to the McGill and Montreal communities
- Prof. Alana Klein, of the McGill Faculty of Law, on Prof. Roderick Macdonald’s work and scholarship on access to justice
Three panels: 40 Years of Legal Information, The Clinical Legal Landscape in Montreal, and Clinical Legal Education.
Lunch & snacks will be catered by Santropol Roulant, a non-profit organization with novel approaches to active youth engagement, urban food systems, food security and community care.
How to register
Registration is free, but mandatory.
This program has been accredited by the Law Society of Upper Canada for 5 Professionalism Hours and 2 Substantive Hours, and accredited by the Quebec Bar for 6 hours of continuing legal education (activity no. 10074732).
Anniversary cocktail reception to follow
Join us after at Thomson House for happy hour and music
WHEN: Friday October 18, 2013, 17:00-19:00
WHERE : Thomson House, 3650 McTavish, Montreal (QC), H3A 1Y2
The Clinic on Social Media
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LICMCIJM
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/507729269307842/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Legal-Information-Clinic-McGill-Clinique-5146814