3450 rue McTavish Montreal Quebec Canada
, H3A 0E5
Free, but registration is required.
The Office of the Vice-Principal (Research and International Relations), in partnership with the Faculties of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Dentistry, Engineering, Medicine, and Science, held an exciting event devoted to highlighting and building interdisciplinary research collaborations between NSERC- and CIHR-related projects.
The event, called “Capitalize on the Convergence: Collaborations in Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Engineering,” took place on December 5 at the McGill Faculty Club.
This half-day session showcased both collaborative projects currently underway at McGill and those with the potential for new interdisciplinary collaborations. The goal was to help McGill researchers identify and develop projects that could eventually apply for internal or external seed funding.
Click on the presentation and poster titles in the schedule below to learn more about the opportunities presented.
Full schedule below.
- Rima Rozen, Associate Vice-Principal (Research and International Relations)
Moderator: Peter Grutter, Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Education, Faculty of Science
- Peter Grutter, Physics: "Science & Technology for the Life Sciences"
- Jim Gleason, Chemistry: "Designing Molecular Hybrids"
- Renzo Cecere, Surgery: "A proposal for a McGill biodesign and cardiovascular innovation program"
- Thomas Quinn, Chemical Engineering: "Cell culture on high-extension surfaces: Novel technology in support of regenerative medicine"
- Sylvain Baillet, Neurology and Neurosurgery: "A Common Brain Imaging Technique for Diagnosis and Therapy"
- Parisa Ariya, Chemistry and Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences: "Canadian Research Initiative on Interactions of Urban Air Quality, Climate, Weather & Health"
|11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Moderator: Marianna Newkirk, Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Medicine
- Sabrina Leslie, Physics: "Trapping and Extending DNA Molecules Using Tunable Nano-Scale Confinement"
- Marta Cerruti, Mining and Materials Engineering: "Bio-synthetic interfaces"
- Rob Kearney, Biomedical Engineering: "Predication of Extubation Readiness in Extreme Pre-Term Infants"
- Margaret Magdesian, Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital: "Microfluidics, Silicon Devices & Nanotools for All"
- Edward Harvey, Surgery: "Adapting a Common Engineering Technology for Medical Purposes"
- Philippe Archambault, Physical and Occupational Therapy: "Rehabilitation Technology in the context of the “Mall as a Living Lab” project"
- Rose Goldstein, Vice-Principal (Research and International Relations)
Buffet lunch and poster session
- Ehsan Masoumi Khalil Abad: A protective cage for a rotating intravenous oxygenator
- Sherif Abdalla: The Use of Hyaluronic Acid-based Hydrogel in Myocardial Regeneration
- Saad AlQahtani: Porous Titanium Scaffold Promote Bone Regeneration Of Long Bone Critical Size Defect in Rodent Model
- Toufic Azar: A Novel Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair Technique
- Daniel Berard: Trapping and Extending DNA Molecules Using Tunable Nano-Scale Confinement
- William Farrell and Timothy Sider: Reconciling the promotion of active transportation and personal exposure to traffic-related air pollution in Canadian urban areas
- Sebastien Faucher: Understanding Legionella pneumophila Behavior in Water Systems
- Chan Gao: Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Dense Collagen Scaffolds Promote Cortical Bone Healing
- Kenneth Guo: Anatomical Considerations for the Development of a New Transcatheter Aorto-Pulmonary Shunt (TAPS) Device in Patients with Severe Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Mark Hancock: Label-free, Real-time Protein Interaction Analysis
- Farhad Javid: Novel Suturing Devices for Percutaneous Endovascular Operations
- Lara Kanbar and Carlos Robles Rubio: Prediction of Extubation Readiness in Extreme Preterm Infants Based on Measures of Cardiorespiratory Variability
- Monserrat Lopez: Using Atomic Force Microscopy to create artificial connections between neurons
- Xinyu Liu: Paper-Based Microfluidic Biosensors for Point-of-Care Diagnostics
- Caroline Madwar: Model lipid membrane domains for evaluating specific cellular responses
- Hesameddin Mahjoubi: Electrospun nanofiber PDLLA scaffolds for biomedical applications
- Damiano Pasini: The Development of a Bone Preserving Femoral Implant
- Derek Rosenzweig: Culture of primary bovine chondrocytes on a continuously expanding surface inhibits dedifferentiation
- Derek Rosenzweig: Culture of primary bovine chondrocytes on silicone rubber modified with a cartilage extracellular matrix extract
- Saied Samiedaluie: Improving health outcomes through operational policies
- Rajesh Valanparambil: Immunomodulatory proteins derived from a gastrointestinal nematode as novel therapies for immune-mediated