Physician-Assisted Suicide: Balancing Legal Approaches to Private and Public Interest in Canada
Organized by the McGill Journal of Law and Health and geared towards active student engagement. this year's McGill Student Colloquium on Health and Law will address the theme of Physician-Assisted Suicide: Balancing Legal Approaches to Private and Public Interest in Canada.
Session 1: Panel Presentations
- Grace Pastine (Litigation Director, BC Civil Liberties Association; Lawyer who represented Ms. Taylor)
- Suzanne Philips-Nootens (Associate Professor, Université de Sherbrooke)
- Dr. Manual Borod (Director, Palliative Care Department at the MUHC)
- Alex Schadenberg (Executive Director, Euthanasia Prevention Coalition)
Session 2: Debate
- Professor Margaret Somerville (McGill Centre for Medicine, Ethics and Law)
- Professor Daniel Weinstock (Former Member of the Royal Society of Canada Expert Panel)
Registration: $5 Students & $10 Non-Students.
Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Space is limited so kindly RSVP to mjlh.colloquium [at] gmail.com.