ICAO/McGill University Pre-Assembly Symposium: On Facilitating Air Transport-Passengers, Cargo, Technology and Profitability
ICAO and McGill University, Institute of Air & Space Law are again cooperating for the Fourth ICAO/McGill University Pre-Assembly Symposium, from 21 to 22 September 2013, at ICAO Headquarters in Montréal.
This Symposium will address key issues identified by ICAO and McGill University in the air transport economics and navigation fields on operational, management and policy levels. The principal objective of the Symposium is to provide a preparatory forum for State delegates and stakeholders attending and/or interested in the issues proposed for the 38th Session of the ICAO Assembly that starts on 24 September 2013.
This event will feature top-level speakers engaged in interactive panel discussions. With the newest technologies and profitability as important guideposts, the event will focus on many questions including:
- How are air passengers and freight impacted by impediments to operational efficiency?
- What impact do taxes, fees and charges, regulation, security & facilitation have on air carriers and the public?
- How do we balance aviation security and facilitation?
- How do we enhance seamless connectivity between air transport and transport modes?
- How to secure the billion dollars needed to finance infrastructure and air navigation systems?
- How do we ensure that the inherent advantages of air transport (i.e., time) are not eroded by regulatory, technological, procedural and structural impediments to efficiency?
- How well does existing and future technology facilitate the flow of passengers, air freight and air traffic management?
- Cargo security, e-passports, e-visas and other documentation-- How well do they deal with emergent threats to security?
- What are the opportunities, efficiencies and challenges of passenger profiling?
- Do security, safety and consumer protection laws and regulations serve the public well?
- What are the tools, policies and best practices that will foster regulatory harmonization across boundaries?
- How can ICAO improve cooperation at a global level?
For more information on registration, accomodations, and how to be a sponsor or exhibitor, visit www.icao.int/Meetings/ICAO-McGill2013
Contact: ICAOMcGill_Symposium [at] icao [dot] int