Grant Writing Workshop for SSHRC Insight Grants - for Faculty
The workshop will include:
- A brief presentation about the objectives and requirements of the Insight Grants;
- Presentations of McGill researchers, who served as evaluators at the last Insight Grants competition and will provide potential applicants with insider information about the peer review system and strategies for creating successful research proposals.
- Professor Sebastien Betermier (Desautels Faculty of Management) and
- Professor Alain Breuleux (Faculty of Education);
- A question and answer period where participants will be encouraged to pose any questions that they may have about this funding opportunity. For participants who may not feel comfortable asking a question during the session or might not be able to attend the workshop, we invite you to send your questions in advance to joanna [dot] mastalerek [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Joanna Mastalerek), who will include them in the question and answer period.
The Office of Sponsored Research will offer an internal guide for preparing applications to this funding opportunity, which will be distributed after the workshop.
Please note that, as indicated in SSHRC’s regulations governing multiple applications, researchers who have already applied to Insight Development Grants in 2013 are not eligible to apply to Insight Grants in 2013, whether successful in the Insight Development Grant competition or not. However, researchers are allowed to hold an Insight Grant and an Insight Development Grant at the same time.
Please R.S.V.P. to joanna [dot] mastalerek [at] mcgill [dot] ca before Thursday, June 6th.