Exploring your entrepreneurial side through student clubs, coursework and by starting your own business offers unique and exciting challenges. At McGill there are several opportunities to receive funding, mentorship and guidance.
- McGill Engineering Student Centre (MESC) has funding opportunities for New Projects.
- Innovations Catalyst in Engineering (ICE) promotes, and accelerates the commercialization of McGill inventions and to inspire and encourage entrepreneurship through funding, education, and networking.
- MUSE is the McGill Entrepreurs Society. The group leads Entrepreneurship Community Reach, compete in Entrepreneurship/Business Competitions and assists with Micro-Business Development.
- The Dobson Cup is an annual opportunity for budding entrepreneurs to showcase their business ideas and not-for-profit startups hosted by the Dobson Centre.
- Centech is a technological incubator in the Quartier de l’innovation, now welcomes applications from McGill students. This gives McGill students and graduates an unparalleled opportunity to take the first steps toward becoming entrepreneurs as well as to collaborate with undergraduates and graduate students from other institutions.
- The Founder Project bridges the gap with students and investors by investing in student startups
- Notman House is a not-for-profit initiative that acts as a launch pad for many entrepreneurs and start-ups. It offers meeting and work spaces, a cafe and hosts meet-ups and other events.
Entrepreneurship Drop-in hours:
Thursdays from 3:00-4:30 pm in MESC