The Engineering Career Centre offers a comprehensive package of alumni career services that includes:
- Access to myFuture (the Engineering Career Centre’s online job search and career tools suite)
- Workshops & Panels
- McGill University Technology Career Fair (McGill TechFair)
- Individual and Drop-in Career Advising
- Online Career Resources through myFuture
The alumni from the Faculty of Engineering and the School of Computer Science who are eligible for alumni career services are the following:
|Alumni Category||Eligibility and fees|
|Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Software Engineering||
|Bachelor of Science (Architecture)||
|Bachelor of Science – School of Computer Science only||
|Graduate level – Faculty of Engineering (incl. Urban Planning & Architecture) (i.e. M.Eng., M.Sc., M.Arch., PhD)||
|Graduate level – Computer Science (M.Sc. & PhD)||
Note: All alumni users also have access to alumni services through CaPS, which include:
- Access at no charge for CaPS alumni services for 12 months from graduation date.
- After 12 months, lifetime access to immediate jobs through myFuture (CaPS instance) & advising for a fee.
- All undergraduate and graduate engineering, architecture, urban planning and computer science students and alumni are eligible for services at CaPS.
myFuture is the Engineering Career Centre’s online career management tool that allows you to access job postings, register for events, manage your applications, access career guides, and more. Alumni do not have access to Information Sessions and are not eligible to participate in on-campus recruitment campaigns (which are reserved for current graduating students), but are encouraged to apply on their own.
Alumni must be in good standing with the University in order to have access to the Engineering Career Centre.
Alumni can take advantage of myFuture to:
- Search and apply for immediate full-time jobs
- Upload documents such as cover letters, resumés and transcripts
- View numerous publications
- Participate in McGill TechFair and other career fairs of interest
- View employer profiles
How to register for myFuture (for alumni who graduated in May 2007 or later)
You should already have a profile in myFuture. Go to myFuture and sign in. If you have any difficulty, phone us at 514-398-8100.
How to register for myFuture (for alumni who graduated before May 2007)
Alumni who graduated before May 2007 must register to create their own profile in myFuture. Please careers4engineers [at] mcgill [dot] ca (contact us) to register. Include your full name, McGill ID number, Faculty, year of graduation and major, email address, current mailing address and phone number.