The IT Planning & Project Officer works as part of a team of TIS professionals to provide oversight to the elicitation of user requirements, development of technical specifications, installation of new learning spaces, and supports classroom technologies on a daily basis (troubleshooting). He will be responsible to administer, analyze, supervise, manage or direct the planning and design of new Telecommunication Infrastructure Systems and classroom technologies, including infrastructure projects. Ensure compliance with policies, programs and systems in the field of construction, renovations, planning and design.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the unit.
- Perform site visits and prepare report to help in design of Telecommunication Infrastructures systems
- Analyze and develop requirements for construction, renovation, planning and design projects.
- Use professional expertise, specialized skills and knowledge to prioritize and plan construction, renovation, planning and design projects.
- Perform technical system administration, installation and configuration.
- Develop procedures or systems that support the faculty/department/unit's operations and ensure that services meet or exceed established quality standards.
- Oversee databases and ensure accuracy of reports, estimates, costs, and timelines.
- Develop project schedule and cost estimates in consultation with stakeholders.
- Prepare Calls for Tender for projects.
- Prepare estimations for a wide variety of small and large projects.
- Produce architectural drawings and construction templates, and obtain client approval.
- Ensure proper handling of original and updated drawings and specifications upon completion of project.
- Analyze budgets and draw up changes to contracts.
- Communicate with all stakeholders to ensure minimal disruptions in the workplace.
- Offer potential solutions to aid in the planning and development of new services or the improvement of service.
- Participate at meetings, make recommendations and provide solutions. Provide status reports, problem summaries, and project status.
- Supervise and evaluate progress of assignments and results.
- Assist to construction site meetings to ensure IT representation in projects
- Perform QA/QC on job sites to ensure IT standards are properly followed
- Maintain the integrity of the operating system environment; monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain systems; analyze exception-based events and develop proactive solutions.
- Perform health checks, technical upgrades including planning, scheduling and testing.
Three (3) years’ related experience
Five years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Desired: Certification: RCDD, BSP. Administration of OSP cabling. Administration of Structured Cabling Systems. Audio Visual Support, Maintenance and Repairs. Administration and design of Physical Security systems Hardware.IT/Telecommunications Pathway systems. Space, Power and HVAC for TELCO rooms. IT/Telecommunications. Administration. IT/Telecommunications Design, Construction and Project Management. Standards: EIA/TIA, ANSI, CNB, BICSI. English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than September 28, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.