Program for the Advancement of Career Exploration (P.A.C.E.)
The Program for the Advancement of Career Exploration (PACE) is designed to help you make decisions about your field of study and/or career options. It is a series of four workshops that include vocational testing and a complete self-assessment. Upon completion of PACE you will be able to understand your personality type, identify your skills, interests and values, and how they relate to various occupations. As well, you will have a better understanding of the available resources and be able to create a realistic action plan with measurable goals.
PACE is for all students from U0 to PhD. Six sessions a year are offered for undergraduates and one is offered for Masters and PhDs.
Fall 2013 Schedule
- Session 1: Mondays - September 23, 30, October 7, 21 – (10:00 - 12:30) room 5001
- Session 2: Wednesdays - October 23, 30, November 6, 13 (11:30 - 2:00) room 5001
- Session 3: Tuesdays - November 19, 26, December 3, 10** (12:30 - 3:00) room 3001 (**CaPS Library)
Winter 2014 Schedule
- Session 4: Wednesdays - Jan 22, 29, February 5, 12 (2:00 - 4:30) room 5001 - CANCELLED
- Session 5: Mondays - February 17, 24, March 10, 17 (2:00 – 4:30) room 5001
- Session 6: Tuesdays - March 18, 25, April 1, 8 (10:00 – 12:30) room 5001
- Session 7 (Grad Students only) - Mondays - May 5, 12, 19, 26 – (2:00 – 4:30) room 5001
To register for PACE:
To register for the PACE program you must come to the CaPS office in person and register at our front desk.
The cost of PACE is 50.00$ which will cover the costs of the two vocational tests that will be administered during the program.
Participants will receive instructions in the first session on when to pay the fees as well as when to sign up for the tests. Please be aware that payments can only be made via credit card or debit.
For further information do not hesitate to call CaPS at 514-398-3304 or contact cindy [dot] mancuso [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Cindy Mancuso).