McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS) is here to help you find answers to questions you may have as a new Canadian or new immigrant:
- How can I integrate into the Canadian job market?
- How do I look for a job here?
- What are Canadian employers looking for?
- What does a Canadian CV and cover letter look like?
- How do I overcome my lack of “Canadian experience”?
- What is proper etiquette for company presentations, career fairs and/or social networking events?
CaPS offers many workshops and panel discussions throughout the year:
- Finding Jobs in Canada
- Perfecting the cover letter
- Write your way to the right job: CVs and Cover Letters
- Develop your professional network
- For a full listing of workshops, and to register for a workshop, please log-in into myFuture -> Events.
- To make an appointment with a career advisor to discuss your career direction/options, call 514-398-3304.
- For a quick CV or cover letter review, or if you have a quick career related question, please come in during the drop-in hours.
Individuals who wish to enter the labour force or studying in Canada and need to know the value of the education, training and experience they have acquired outside Canada should consult these websites:
- McGill - International credentials and grade equivalencies
- CICIC - Learn about qualifications recognition
The following websites offer information and services to new immigrants to integrate into Canadian society.