As a New Canadian, you may have many questions such as:
- How can I integrate into the Canadian job market?
- How do I look for a job here?
- What are Canadian employers looking for?
- What does a Canadian CV and cover letter look like?
- How do I overcome my lack of “Canadian experience”?
- What is proper etiquette for company presentations, career fairs and/or social networking events?
“New Beginnings” Workshop series
- “New Beginnings: Taking Action” – Focuses on an overview of what you need to be thinking about when you start your job search and career exploration here in Canada.
- “New Beginnings: Preparing your Canadian CV and Cover Letter” – Helps you to create the most professional and appropriate CV and cover letter
- “New Beginnings: Networking and Interviewing in Canada” – Helps you to feel more comfortable with your interview skills, and provide you with essential tips and advice for networking which is an essential job search skill.
Meet one-on-one with our Diversity Advisor Cindy Mancuso, who will be happy to answer all of your questions. For more information or to make an appointment with the Diversity Advisor please call us at 514-398-3304 or just drop in and say hello.
For Individuals Wishing to Study/Work in Canada
Individuals who wish to enter the labour force in Canada and need to know the value of the education, training and experience they have acquired outside Canada should consult this fact sheet: Assessment and recognition of credentials for the purpose of employment in Canada
- French Courses: Thinking to improve your French and take a course? Find out what programs are available and where the language centers are located French Language Learning Programs (PDF)