McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS) is here to help you find answers to questions you may have as a new Canadian or immigrant:
- How can I integrate into the Canadian job market?
- How do I look for a job here?
- What are Canadian employers looking for?
- What does a Canadian CV and cover letter look like?
- How do I overcome my lack of “Canadian experience”?
- What is proper etiquette for company presentations, career fairs and/or social networking events?
“New Beginnings” Workshop Series
- “New Beginnings: Taking Action” – Focuses on an overview of what you need to be thinking about when you start your job search and career exploration here in Canada.
- “New Beginnings: Preparing your Canadian CV and Cover Letter” – Helps you to create the most professional and appropriate CV and cover letter
- “New Beginnings: Networking and Interviewing in Canada” – Helps you to feel more comfortable with your interview skills, and provide you with essential tips and advice for networking which is an essential job search skill.
To make an appointment with a career advisor to discuss your career direction/options, call 514-398-3304.
For a quick CV or cover letter review, or if you have a quick career related question, please come in during the drop-in hours.
Individuals who wish to enter the labour force or studying in Canada and need to know the value of the education, training and experience they have acquired outside Canada should consult this website: Learn about qualifications recognition